Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pajama Day, "I Can" Sentences and Literacy Work

We had a great time in our PJs yesterday!  Of course, TODAY is a good day for them as well!
Choose your favorite picture because it's impossible to get 21 Kinders to LOOK and SMILE at the same time ;)





We spent some time focusing on the word "can" on Friday and the kids each created their own "I can... " sentence while I typed them on the laptop and projected them on the screen.  

can
Mrs. Vetter can play tennis.
John can play baseball.
Liam can play soccer.
Scarlett can play football.
Evan can read.
Daniella can save her baby brother.
Gabriel can swim. 
Cameron can play soccer. 
Cody can go down a waterslide.
Charlie can jump.
Aaron can do a cartwheel.
Samuel can run.
Stella can like kindergarten.
Nathan can play on the playground.
Emma can go to the park.
Brennan can play baseball.
Danika can skip.
Lily can love Mrs. Vetter.
Leah can skip.
Bailey can run.
Vidhushi can play tennis.


We played a fun game to practice recognizing and creating -og family words on Thursday.  Thank you to Mrs. Stillman for helping me make the dice and to Mrs. Petrolle for playing with us.  The kids LOVED it and wanted to go on and on.  A few played yesterday as well.  I see more dice games in our future ;)












Finally, here are a few shots that Mrs. Canaday got for us during Thursday's Literacy Centers.  We started new ones yesterday so we will get some of those for you next week.  During this new rotation, the kids will be writing "I Can" books (our new sight word), playing a game on the computer that tests their ability to match capital and lower case letters, writing the names of their classmates, listening to There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves, "cooking" some capital and lower case letters (magnetic letters on cookie sheets) and reading and illustrating a poem, "Falling Leaves."









OH, I forgot that I had a few from math!  Sorry for the overload, but I can't help it. If I take them, I want to share them :)








No comments:

Post a Comment